My Guide Website?
Barcelona City: El Raval and Gothic Quarter Audio Tour
Explore Barcelona's bustling El Raval and Gothic quarters on a sightseeing audio tour. Wander the Mercat de la Boqueria, visit Güell Palace, and discover architecture that inspired Picasso and Gaudi.
- Feast your eyes on towering architecture that inspired Gaudi and Picasso
- Visit the vibrant Meson del Cafe, considered to offer the city's best coffee
- Soak up El Peto, a kissing mural composed of 4,000 images of freedom
- Learn unique facts, anecdotes, and myths about Barcelona's hidden past
- Take in the unique smells of the Mercat de la Boqueria, a popular food market
DescriptionImmerse yourself in Barcelona's El Raval and Gothic quarters with an audio tour on your smartphone. Uncover the city's rich history and discover world-renowned landmarks like the La Rambla, Royal Plaza, and Bishops Bridge, while learning about famous residents like Enriqueta Marti and Antoni Gaudi. After downloading the app onto your phone, use the audio guide to begin your adventure at Font de Canaletes, an ornate fountain in Barcelona's Gothic quarter. Listen to facts about this historic landmark before advancing to the next location to learn more myths, legends, and folklore. Stroll through El Raval, once the most densely-populated area in Europe, and the city’s Red Light District. Here, listen to tales of Enriqueta Marti who was wrongly accused of being a serial killer and how Antoni Gaudi, the great Catalan Modernist architect, died tragically in an accident. Cross over La Rambla into the Royal Plaza and the Gothic Quarter to understand how the small fortified Roman village of Barcino developed into the great city that Barcelona is today. Visit areas that used to house tombs of the dead before continuing to the Cathedral of Barcelona and Bishops Bridge. Continue further to hear Can Culleretes Restaurant’s two origin stories, visit a food market that’s been operating since the 10th century, and discover the location that inspired Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d'Avignon, before finally visiting the Meson del Cafe and the El Peto kissing mural.
IncludesMobile app and login credentials Tour Navigation
- This activity requires a smartphone with an internet connection The activity includes 4-5 kilometers of walking, including uneven ground and steps The activity takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete