Barcelona: City Ghost Tour in German52 Reviews
Immerse yourself in a world of witches, wenches, hangmen, and ghosts of bygone eras on this nighttime tour of Barcelona. Walk through the Raval, the Barri Gòtic, and the Ribera Quarter and hear myths and legends.
- Immerse yourself in the history of this unique and magical city as you get to know the darker side of Barcelona
- Wander dark alleys and barely-lit medieval squares and enjoy the beauty of the night
- Walk through El Raval, Barri Gòtic, and Ribera at night and learn more about the horrors and mania of bygone days
DescriptionExperience the spooky side of Barcelona on a beautiful nighttime tour. Meet wenches, witches, hangmen, and ghosts of all eras on this walking tour, and hear stories from your guide collected by the Catalan ethnologist and folklorist Joan Amades in his collection 'Històries i llegendes de Barcelona' (Histories and Legends of Barcelona). This tour is also inspired by the book 'Fantasmas de Barcelona' by Sylvia Lagarda, who has described countless paranormal activities and encounters in almost 300 pages. In Barcelona's 2000-year-long history, countless people have seemed to find no rest after death. Cervantes once believed that the souls wander here at night. This tour of Barcelona is guaranteed to give you goose bumps with all its fantastic legends and spooky stories from beyond the crypt. Hear about the atrocities of the Inquisition and the medieval correctional system in a time when the Catholic church permeated every aspect of living, the world could not be explained, when superstitions seemed sane and the hangman didn't think twice. Listen to stories of true terror and meet a vampire whose evil deeds came to light by accident in 1912. Beware! Your blood may curdle. How well night conceals more than horror. So many shady characters sell life-affirming things like love and lust under the protection of darkness. Cast your eyes on the oldest trade in the world, strongly condemned by morality police but integral to Barcelona's history. Even the Roman legionnaires left the city gates open at night so the ladies could come and go, and the remnants of several bordellos from the Middle Ages can still be found amidst the passageways of the Old City.
IncludesGhost tour with guide Entry fees Food and drinks Transfer
- This tour is a nighttime three weather tour. See the city under a clear, windy, or rainy night sky - even strong showers
- Summer nights are balmy; winter can get chilly - bring a jacket
- To experience the unique groups around the city up close, the guide sticks to streets and squares on this city tour. Admire monuments from their exteriors
- The tour is a relaxed walk; no need to rush. There is always time to stop for photos, and no one will begrudge you a bathroom break
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability