My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Discover Gaudi Architectural Guided Tour3 Reviews
This great morning tour will help you to discover the genius of Gaudí and explore some of Barcelona's architecture on a walking tour led by practicing, passionate architects.
- Discover how Gaudi imagined his architectural projects
- Learn about the beginnings of modern urbanism
- Admire the magic of the Modernisme period
- Get inside hidden courtyards and learn how they became public gardens
DescriptionSee amazing examples of modern architecture including the Antoni Tàpies Foundation and Casa Lleó Morera by Domènech i Montaner, Casa Amatller by Puig i Cadafalch, hidden courtyards, and, of course, the 3 main residential buildings designed by Antoni Gaudi: Casa Calvet, Casa Batlló, and Casa Milà. Trace the path that took Antoni Gaudí from his social concerns toward a total absorption with the divine until he finally became 'the last great cathedral builder.' Delve into the architectural essence of Gaudi and his visual power, which made him such an inspiration to the Surrealists as well as the most famous Spanish architect. You'll learn about a series of turning points in his career that include a project in Manhattan, the last commission from his patron, Eusebi Güell, and his first architectural steps with the Sagrada Família. All of the guides are practising architects, most of whom are also professors of architecture as well as architectural critics. This wide spectrum of knowledge on a huge range of topics will help you to get an in depth insight into the buildings visited. At the end of the walk, you will receive a guide written by the local partner's passionate team with suggestions of places to have a drink and architecture to admire.
IncludesArchitectural city guide Guided tour
- • The weather in Barcelona is usually very nice, but it's recommended you bring along suitable clothing for all weather. Tours will be cancelled only if the weather poses a safety threat. • The entire tour is wheelchair accessible.
- You will not go inside the buildings.