My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Family Tour in the Footsteps of Columbus7 Reviews
Discover the story of Christopher Columbus and the New World with your family from the perspective of a child. Travel through time and learn what it was like 500 years ago to sail aboard a caravel to bring chocolate and spices back to Europe.
- Discover Barcelona with your children and follow in the footsteps of Christopher Columbus
- Hears stories of life in Barcelona 500 years ago and learn about how exotic spices made their way to Europe
- Enjoy a tour for the whole family that will engage all the sense and spark your imagination
DescriptionDiscover Barcelona in the footsteps of Christopher Columbus on a tour for the whole family. Learn what people thought about the world 500 years ago and find out about Columbus's expeditions to the New World. Begin the tour at the Museu Maritím Barcelona and sample spices with your children as you learn about their origins in America and Asia. Hear about the effects of the 'discovery' of America on the Native Americans, the meaning of slavery and how important it is to respect and value people from other cultures. Next, enjoy the Casa Xifré, a house owned by one of the richest men in Catalonia in the 19th century, with its ornamented façade and relief decorations. On weekdays, the tour ends at the Casa Gispert, one of the oldest general stores in the city, where the aroma and mystery of the past still pervades the atmosphere.
Includes2.5 hour guided walking tour Small snack Small surprise for every child
- The tour is suitable for children above the age of 6
- Children under the age of 6 may participate only when accompanied by an adult
- Children under 3 participate for free
- Adults may participate only when accompanied by a child
- The tour is offered in German, English, Spanish and Catalan
- There is a surcharge for children attending without a guardian