My Guide Website?
Barcelona: German City Tour from Gaudí's Perspective25 Reviews
Discover Barcelona through the eyes of Gaudí and immerse yourself in the different artistic periods as you learn about the history of the city. Learn more about the life of Gaudí and the development of his artistic style.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Barcelona:If youʻre booking your trip to Barcelona last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience and entertaining and enjoyable German-language tour through Gaudí's Barcelona with plenty of historical background
- Let the genius of Gaudí enchant you as you stroll through the Golden Square
- Learn about the secret side of this interesting architect and the myths that surround him
DescriptionGet to know the most famous architect of the Catalan metropolis, Gaudí, in his many periods of creation. Begin with works from his time as a student; see and compare his early contract work and discover the role nature played in his thinking. Examine his gradual move from Historicism to Modernism and then forays into Surrealism with the Casa Mila. Learn more the history of Gaudí. Gaudí made a name for himself early on. To earn a little money for his studies in architecture, he made plans for his professors and helped with the world's fair grounds in Ciutadella Park. He is regarded today as one of the principal figures of Catalan Modernism, even through he kept developing his style and dabbled in fantastic surrealism. The church in the worker's colony, 'Colonia Güell,' was important to Gaudí and he even finished its crypt. He also began experimenting with ideas for his most famous sacred work there: the Sagrada Familia, whose construction began when he was 31 and to which he dedicated much of the rest of his life. It is said that Gaudí reinvented himself every 10 years, and the Sagrada Familia, on which he worked for 43 years, exhibits all of these styles.
IncludesGerman-language tour Public transit tickets for the tour
- This tour is a 3-weather tour and runs in sun, rain, and wind - even strong showers
- In summer, don't forget a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. A little bottle of water for your thirst can't hurt either. A jacket or thin coat should suffice in the winter months
- To experience the unique groups around the city up close, the guide sticks to streets and squares on this city tour
- Admire monuments from their exteriors; museum visits and interior explorations (with a couple of exceptions) are not part of the program
- The tour is a relaxed walk; no need to rush. There is always time to stop for photos, and no one will begrudge you a bathroom break
- You will travel twice by public transit. Please bring your tickets with you