My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Gothic Quarter and Sagrada Familia Private Tour1 Reviews
Discover Barcelona with sustainable, responsible tourism. Take to the city's streets and subways with a local guide. Explore its sights, smells, sounds, and flavors on a 6-hour private tour.
- Immerse yourself in the history of Barcelona with an expert guide
- Have lunch in a restaurant that uses fresh, locally sourced produce
- Ascend a cathedral rooftop terrace to enjoy panoramic views of the city
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to La Sagrada Familia
- Savor the Spanish and Catalan gastronomy on offer
DescriptionFrom the convenient meeting point at the tourist information center in the Gothic heart of the city, start the tour with a coffee and a short briefing on Barcelona and the surrounding area before setting off. Then, visit the Cathedral and the Royal Palace, the Roman wall, and the medieval area of Barcelona, including the Jewish Quarter. End this portion of the tour with a visit to Santa Maria del Mar church and, after crossing the Plaça de Sant Jaume, reach one of the best-known streets of the city: La Rambla. Next, the Boqueria Market is a mandatory visit on your journey where the festival of flavors, colors, and smells come alive. Stop for lunch at a local restaurant and use this time to re-energize and discuss anything from Spanish gastronomy to taxation or Catalan identity. The lunch includes a sample of cherished local delicacies including Iberian sausage, cheese, ham, and local wine. After lunch, hop on the subway like a true Barcelonian and head downtown to Passeig de Gràcia where you can admire the most valuable modernist houses. The boulevard is the most elegant in the city where the most important families of the early 20th century commissioned the construction of their homes to the best architects of the time including, among others, Antonio Gaudí. From Passeig de Gràcia, just two metro stops away is La Sagrada Familia, the last stop of the tour. Here you will see the different parts of the building and the many examples of religious symbolism hidden in its unique facades. You are sure to be captivated by Gaudi’s incredible architectural style: the peculiar shape of the columns, ceilings, walls, and the organic architecture of the basilica.
IncludesSkip-the-ticket and reserved access to La Sagrada Familia and cathedral Private tour guide Sweet snacks in a pastry shop Lunch at Boqueria Market (sample local delicacies: like Iberian sausages, cheeses, ham, and local wine) Hola Barcelona Travel Card for 2 days Entry to Basilica de Santa Maria del Mar Coffee or tea
- If you need a specific menu, please inform the local partner
- The activity runs regardless of weather conditions
- In the rare situation where the tour is canceled, you will be able to reschedule or receive a refund
- Please follow the dress code to enter La Sagrada Família or any other Catholic church: Cover your shoulders, back, and belly, wear shorts and skirts that come down to at least mid-thigh, no plunging necklines or see-through clothing