My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Gothic Quarter Legends Walking Tour with Tapas8 Reviews
Travel back to the Middle Ages and learn the legends of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter on a 2.5-hour tour. Wander the narrow streets around the cathedral, discovering picturesque squares and churches. End with a pintxo tasting in a traditional tapas bar.
- Explore medieval life in Barcelona's Gothic Quarter
- Wander down narrow streets to discover picturesque squares and churches
- Discover locales off the beaten track such as one of the most emblematic cake shop of Barcelona, and A roman temple hidden in a medieval house
- Go to Plaça Sant Jaume to admire the City Hall and Presidential Palace
- Taste authentic typical tapas.
DescriptionTravel back to medieval Barcelona, and hear stories of the characters that inhabited the atmospheric Barrio Gotico, and their relationship to the city’s history. Meet your guide at Carrer Montsio n.10. Continue to Plaça Nova near the imposing Cathedral of Santa Eulalia. As you wander down the winding streets leading off the square, your guide will tell an enthralling history of the city, revealing some of the hidden sights in secret corners. Learn about the ancient gates of the Roman city of Barcino, and continue through the Jewish Quarter of El Call. You’ll come across picturesque squares, such as Plaça Sant Jaume, site of the City Hall and Presidential Palace. Marvel at the Palau Reial Major in Plaça del Rei, and window shop along pedestrianized Plaça de l’Àngel, now one of Barcelona’s most expensive areas. See the mariner’s church of Santa María del Mar, and end in front of lively Santa Caterina Market. Then, it’s time to taste some authentic pintxos (snacks) in a traditional tapas bar of the El Born neighborhood.
IncludesProfessional local guide Complete visit to Barcelona Old Town highlights 1 pintxo (snack) and 1 drink at the end of the tour 1 panellet
- Please wear comfortable shoes, and bring a bottle of water in summer