My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Gothic Quarter Walking Tour349 Reviews
Travel back in time to the Middle Ages and see how every stone has a story to tell on this private or shared group walking tour through the picturesque squares of Barcelona's Gothic Quarter.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Barcelona:If youʻre booking your trip to Barcelona last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience an entertaining, exciting, and informative German-language tour of Barcelona's old city
- Discover the Barrio Gotico and the Ribera Quarter up close and with all 5 senses
- Let the magic of the old city enchant you and walk through small alleyways and romantic squares
- Immerse yourself in the history of this unique and magical city
- Travel to a bygone era and find out what Barcelona was and is today
DescriptionThe past comes to life on this walking tour in the footsteps of one-time residents through winding alleyways and picturesque squares of Barcelona's Gothic Quarter. Every stone has a story to tell. This exploration starts in the days of the Romans, continues to the Middle Ages, and then follows into the early 18th century. Get a glimpse of more than just the history of Barcelona on this German-language tour of Barcelona. Barcelona is anything but some musty museum; it is a dynamic port city constantly reinventing itself and always changing. Every street pulses with life, and old and new blend together to form incredible scenery in a style truly unique to this Mediterranean metropolis. The following topics await you on this walking tour: • Roman luxury: flowing water for a convalescent colony • A holy city gets concurrence • Birth of a nation: a nasty affair and a bloody situation • How the dragon came to Barcelona • The young girl in the pines and the French soldier's bayonet • A slightly spooky brotherhood • The crown of Aragon: from the little city to maritime force • We're talking to you! The advice of the hundreds and the general • King Martin's death: the beginning of the end of codetermination • The Jewish Quarter: the remnants of a lost world • The Inquisition and the hound kings: praise is nothing to play with • My Immortal: a romantic place and the scars of the Spanish Civil War • A Gothic theme park: even houses move, stone by stone • Watch that egg dance • Royal palace: King Fernando fights his fears and doesn't receive Columbus at home • Santa Maria del Mar: the first collaborative project; legends and heroes • The mulberry grave: the vengeance of the Bourbon kings and the head of the general • A half house and the song of the knife-grinder ...and much more.
Includes3-hour city tour through the old city with a guide
- This tour is suitable for all weather and runs in sun, rain, and wind - even strong showers
- In summer, don't forget a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. A little bottle of water for your thirst can't hurt either. A jacket or thin coat should suffice in the winter months
- To experience the unique groups around the city up close, the guide sticks to streets and squares on this city tour
- Admire monuments from their exteriors; museum visits and interior explorations (with a couple of exceptions) are not part of the program
- The tour is a relaxed walk; no need to rush. There is always time to stop for photos, and no one will begrudge you a bathroom break
- For the visit to the cloister, please wear at least knee-length clothing and cover your shoulders