My Guide Website?
Barcelona Highlights City Tour and Montserrat Excursion19 Reviews
Experience Barcelona by land and by air with this full-day expedition through the city and to nearby Montserrat. Take in the urban city life as you walk through places of historical significance before taking in the rural countryside atop a mountain.
- Gaze up at the neo-Gothic architecture of the Barcelona Cathedral
- Visit the Gothic Quarter, formerly the center of the old city
- Pass by the Barcelona Olympic Stadium, built in 1927 and renovated in 1989
- Admire the interesting architecture in the city
- Sail through the air in one of the Montjuic cable cars
DescriptionTake a full-day expedition to explore Barcelona and Montserrat. Discover the oldest part of the city, take a panoramic tour around the city streets, and head to Montserrat. Learn of apparitions, and the historical significance of the site, before heading back to Barcelona. For the first part of the activity, enjoy a guided walking tour of the Gothic Quarter. Stroll down one of the most important streets in the city until you reach the Cathedral of Barcelona. Walk through the narrow streets of the oldest part of the city and discover the many secrets it holds. Marvel at the quaint medieval places hidden to the crowds and learn about their historical significance. Board an air-conditioned coach for a panoramic tour through the city. Discover the changes to the coastline of Barcelona for the Olympic Games in 1992. See the Olympic Port, the beach and the fisherman’s quarter from the bus, called Barceloneta. Head to the Montjuïc Mountain, main scenery of the Olympic Games in 1992. Ride the cable car for amazing views over the city. At the end of the tour, you will stop in the MNAC viewpoint to see one of the most beautiful panoramic views of the city. During the way back to the office, the bus will drive through Passeig de Gracia and you will see some of the most emblematic Gaudi buildings such as Casa Batlló and la Pedrera. Check back in again at the office in Estació del Nord before the starting time of the afternoon activity. Meet your guide and come aboard an air-conditioned coach to Montserrat. Visit the Benedictine monastery with your guide and learn about the history and architecture of this beautiful site. Admire the Gothic and Renaissance details of the Basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. Then, enjoy some free time to explore on your own. Follow a number of walking trails or shop for some local products and liquors, before returning to Barcelona.
IncludesMontjuïc cable car ride Access to the Black Madonna Ride on the cog–wheel train Taste of 4 typical liquors, handmade by the monks of the monastery. Entrance to the audiovisual “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat” exhibition in Montserrat. Air-conditioned coach Bilingual guide
- Some walking is included during this tour, please wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. Tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals are not permitted
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- The duration of the tour includes transportation
- Please note that the itinerary is subject to change due to the events to be celebrated in the city
- From January to the beginning of March the cable car is under maintenance. The service will be replaced by the Port Cable car
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€101.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today