My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Masonic Tour in German or English3 Reviews
Learn more about the bygone history of the Freemasons in Barcelona. Decipher secret symbols that offered information about the secret society in their day and discover the temple of the Freemasons.
- Let the magic of the old city enchant you and walk through small alleyways and romantic squares
- Learn the forgotten side of this metropolis full of contrasts and immerse yourself in the days of the freemasons
- Decipher the secret symbols hidden in secluded squares, which the Freemasons placed to recognize one another
DescriptionDiscover Barcelona in the footsteps of the Freemasons and learn about who they were, whence they came, and why they were in Barcelona. Hear about the stereotypes that precede the Freemasons and learn about how the Freemasons see themselves. A society founded as a secret brotherhood of liberal freethinkers, they were primarily underground and devised their own secret symbols to communicate with their following yet remain protected. The Lodges are a collective of free, ethical thinking men, who exalt the ideal of the French Revolution - freedom, equality and brotherhood. Secrecy, mutual respect and the free exchange of ideas and opinions are the highest principles of this secret society shrouded in myths. Immerse yourself in the bygone history of the Freemasons in Barcelona on this city tour of Barcelona. As the centuries progressed, the members of this order left symbols and icons all over the city, which could only be deciphered by insiders for many years. On this walk, discover the reliefs and sculptures full of Freemason symbolism and take a crack at decoding them. See the Freemason temple and learn their most incredible secrets. As you stroll the streets, learn about what is legend and what is truth and discuss facts and bold assumptions alike with your guide. Many questions, of course, like whether Antoni Gaudi was a freemason or founded their temple, remain unanswered mysteries.
IncludesCity tour with German-speaking guide
- This tour is a three weather tour and runs in sun, rain, and wind - even strong showers
- Don't forget a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen in the summer. A little bottle of water for your thirst can't hurt either. A jacket or thin coat should suffice in the winter months
- To experience the unique groups around the city up close, the guide sticks to streets and squares on this city tour.
- Admire monuments from their exteriors. Museum visits and interior explorations (with a couple of exceptions) are not part of the program
- The tour is a relaxed walk; no need to rush. There is always time to stop for photos, and no one will begrudge you a bathroom break