My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Montserrat Guided Tour with Optional Cog-Wheel335 Reviews
Ascend Montserrat on this half-day trip from Barcelona. Enjoy a scenic ride aboard a cog-wheel train, visit the Royal Basilica to see the Black Virgin, and discover unusual rock formations.
- Enjoy a day trip to the holy mountain of Montserrat
- View paintings from the masters, like El Greco, Picasso, and Dali, at the basilica's museum
- Visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat
- Admire the Black Virgin, a site of pilgrimage for many of the Catholic faith
- Listen to the sounds of L'Escolania, one of the oldest boy's choirs in Europe
DescriptionVisit Montserrat Monastery on this half-day trip from Barcelona. Scale Montserrat Mountain on the cogwheel train. Admire the beauty of the monastery's architecture and hear stories about its famed Black Madonna statue. Board a bus from Barcelona and set off on a ride to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Discover its rocky geography, beautiful scenery, local liquors, and cultural wealth with a guide. Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the monastery. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Then, learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Black Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. Visit the Church and see the Black Madonna. Enjoy free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audiovisual exhibition once the guided tour finishes.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned bus Tour guide in English and Spanish Tasting of 4 liquors Entrance to AV exhibition in Montserrat (Espai Audio visual Montserrat) Access to Boys’ Choir (if option is selected) Skip-the-line entrance to the Black Madonna (if option is selected) Montserrat cogwheel train ride (if option is selected)
- A proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or flip flops Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour, please come prepared and wear comfortable clothes and shoes The boy's choir only performs from Monday to Friday at 1:00 PM Montserrat has a mountains climate. Depending on the season you will need weather-appropriate clothing Check the timetable of the different facilities that you wish to visit during your free time. The duration of the tour includes round-trip pickup and drop-off