My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Montserrat with Winery Visit and Farmhouse Lunch121 Reviews
Visit the heart of Catalunya on a full-day small group tour of iconic Montserrat and the cellars of a top-notch winery. You’ll have spectacular views from the top of Montserrat, and taste fine wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Barcelona:If youʻre booking your trip to Barcelona last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Barcelona: Go City Explorer Pass - Choose 2 to 7 Attractions
- Barcelona: Sagrada Familia Entry Ticket with Audio Guide
- From Barcelona: Girona, Figueres, and Cadaqués Day Trip
- Markets Walking Tour: Las Ramblas, La Boquería, and Beyond
- From Barcelona: Alella Wine Tour by Electric Bike
- Visit the monastery on Montserrat, one of Catalunya's most iconic sites
- See the famous Black Madonna statue
- Ride the funicular for spectacular views
- Explore the Penedes wine region, and taste the wines
- Enjoy a traditional lunch in a countryside restaurant
DescriptionEmbark on a guided day trip from Barcelona to Montserrat and the Penedès wine-growing region by minivan. Visit the monastery and the Museum of Monserrat, see the famous Black Madonna, take a funicular up to the top of the mountain, or explore the many walks and viewpoints. This tour also includes a delicious three-course traditional lunch in the heart of the vineyards, as well as a very special visit and tasting to a family owned organic winery. There will be plenty of free time to explore Montserrat on your own, but a visit to the sanctuary where the 'Moreneta' (Black Madonna) is housed is a must. Pilgrims and other visitors have climbed the mountain to visit this sanctuary for nearly 1,000 years. (Tickets to see the Black Madonna can be purchased in the office before the tour starts.) You’ll also have the opportunity to visit the fascinating Museum of Montserrat, and browse its collections that range from the Archaeology of the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture. There are numerous walking and climbing trails on the mountain, ranging from easy strolls to serious hikes. Each trail offers a different perspective on the surrounding landscape, dotted with small chapels and hermitages. If you'd rather not walk at all, then another option is to take the rack railways higher ip the mountain, which also provides stunning views of the area. After a morning in Montserrat, we leave the mountain at around 1:o0pm, heading for Penedès, home to the famous Cava champagne and, in particularly, home to Pares Balta where we'll visit their vast underground wine cellars. Before the winery visit, we will stop for lunch is a local farmhouse, for a traditional local lunch. The restaurant is set right in the middle of the vineyards, and will be something you'll never forget. The Pares Balta winery is situated in the Penedès wine-growing region, which boasts one of the widest varieties of grape of any wine-growing region in the world. The tour is a great chance to see exactly how the famous sparkling wine is produced, from the first pressing of the grapes to the second fermentation in the vast expanse of cellars. Of course, no winery visit would be complete without a taste of the stuff! At the den of the tour you'll get the chance to try some of the best Cava the region produces. We leave the winery at around 5:30pm, returning to Barcelona for around 6:30pm.
IncludesVisit the famous Black Madonna Listen to the Boy's Choir sing according to schedule Transportation by air-conditioned mini-coach Guide Wine tour and tasting Free time to discover the area on your own
- Please remember that the cost of seeing the Black Madonna or going inside the Basilica is not included in the initial ticket price. You can purchase the ticket in the office before the tour. However, we will make a pre-reservation on your behalf, so you can decide on the morning of the tour.