Barcelona: Museu de la Xocolata Tickets55 Reviews
During this experience, discover the history of cocoa, see a variety of chocolate sculptures and enjoy a tasty chocolate in the cafe. When you leave you will be able to impress your friends with your chocolate knowledge.
- Learn the role chocolate has played in the economic and social fabric of Barcelona since the 15th century
- Get a free chocolate bar when you enter, just to wet your appetite
- Impress your friends with your impeccable chocolate knowledge
DescriptionThe chocolate museum is a dynamic facility promoted by the Barcelona Confectionery Guild and located in the former Sant Agustí monastery. It provides a journey through the origins of chocolate, from its arrival in Europe to its spread as an element between myth and reality. Learn about its medicinal properties and nutritional value. The museum is located in a historic building that already had a relationship with chocolate. Since the age of discovery in the 15th century, chocolate has played a role in the economic and social fabric of Barcelona. Along these lines, Barcelona port acted as a starting point for the sale and distribution of the product all over Europe. In addition, the first workshop that transformed drinking chocolate into a solid product is recognised to have existed in the city at the end of the 19th century.
IncludesMuseum tickets Chocolate gift Audioguide for your smartphone Guided visit to the museum Workshops
- The visit will last 1-hour
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- Last admission to the museum is 30 minutes prior to closing time
- June 24, August 15, September 11, September 24, October 12, November 1, December 6 and December 8 are considered public holidays and the Museum's opening times will be from 10:00 AM. to 3:00 PM. Other festivities with variable dates will also use public holiday opening times
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability