Barcelona Picasso Museum and Gothic Quarter Guided Tour17 Reviews
Enjoy this unique walking tour leading you through the history of Barcelona from the Roman era up to the 20th century. Get lost in the Old Town while admiring its cobblestone streets and explore the Picasso Museum, created while the painter was alive.
- Explore Barcelona's famous Gothic Quarter and its narrow streets
- Take an exclusive guided tour of the Picasso Museum, the only museum that was created while the painter was still alive
- Learn more about the secrets of Barcelona and it's history, from the Roman era to the medieval period up to the 20th century
- Discover some of the most important places in Barcelona
DescriptionThe name of Barcelona comes from the Latin language, specifically from Barcino, the name given to the settlement by the Romans. Some remains of this primitive settlement are still visible in the Gothic Quarter, where you will discover more things about the history of the city through its medieval cobblestoned streets. You will learn more about some of the most important places in the city, like Las Rambles and the Cathedral. The next part of the tour is the Born’s neighborhood, where you will enjoy the fabulous view of Santa Maria del Mar church, built in a superb Gothic style. Between narrow streets, you'll find the Picasso Museum. This is the only museum that was created while the painter was still alive. It’s a fascinating place to appreciate the beginning of his career. During the guided tour, you will understand Picasso’s artistic evolution, always parallel to his biography. At the end of the tour, you can remain inside Picasso Museum as long as you like.
IncludesMonolingual or bilingual tour guide (depending on date) Guided walking tour of the Gothic quarter Entrance fee and guided visit in the Picasso Museum Guided walking tour in Born quarter Entrance to Barcelona Cathedral and to the basilica of Santa Maria del Mar Food and drinks, unless specified Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour. Please be prepared and wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Not recommended for children under 3 years, as it is a walking tour of more than 2 hours
- This is a bilingual tour, however it is possible the tour could be monolingual. Please select your preferred language guide at the time of booking
- It is recommended not to carry backpacks. If you take them you must leave them at the box office to access the museum
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability