Barcelona: Private Gothic Quarter & Eixample Highlights Tour
Venture into the history of Barcelona’s medieval Gothic Quarter and art nouveau district on an entertaining walking tour. Marvel at Sagrada Familia among other highlights.
- Venture into the bustling neighborhoods of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter and art nouveau district with a well-versed guide
- Climb to the rooftop of the Barcelona Cathedral and marvel at the panoramic view
- Immerse yourself in the city's 2,000-year turbulent history
- Witness Gaudí's one-of-a-kind architecture including his most famous work, Sagrada Familia
DescriptionEmbark on a journey of exciting discovery — from Roman times up to the early 20th century — on a 4-hour guided walking tour through two famous Barcelona neighborhoods. Your tour starts near the Gothic Cathedral of Barcelona and ends outside the storied Sagrada Familia. Begin your tour by exploring the narrow streets of the central Gothic Quarter, venturing deep into this fascinating neighborhood and immersing yourself in its turbulent history. Catalan kings and medieval townsfolk may have long since vanished, but during this tour their stories will come back to life. Study the Gothic and neo-Gothic architecture of the Barcelona Cathedral. Take the elevator and climb to the church’s rooftop where you can take in a magnificent view of the city and see the Mediterranean Sea sparkle in the distance. After marveling at early works by famous Spanish architect Antoni Gaudí, take the Metro to the art nouveau district Eixample. Here the upper-middle class and rich industrialists who fled the confines of the old town flaunted their wealth by constructing magnificent palaces and townhouses. While strolling through this beautiful neighborhood, acquaint yourself with more radical and awe-inspiring work of Gaudí as well as some of his contemporaries. After seeing the modernist residential building Casa Milà, you’ll take the Metro again to explore the façades of Gaudí’s unfinished masterpiece, the Sagrada Familia.
Includes4-hour guided walking tour Entrance fee to the Barcelona Cathedral roof 2 Metro trips Food and drinks Entrance to other sights
- The tour moves at a leisurely pace, so you will not feel rushed. There is time to observe sights and take pictures
- You will stop for a coffee break
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now