My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Sagrada Familia and City Tour with Hotel Pickup13 Reviews
Choose the most comprehensive tour of Barcelona combined with an extensive visit to Gaudí's masterpiece La Sagrada Famila. Discover Barcelona in a comfortable private vehicle.
- Discover the main highlights of Barcelona in this guided, full-day tour
- See for yourself the Sagrada Familia, the emblem of Barcelona, there’s no words to describe the feelings inside the temple of Modernism
- Take in the breathtaking panoramic views of the city from the top of Montjüic Mountain
- Wander along the ancient Roman walls and narrow streets in the Gothic Quarter
- Enjoy a more personalized experience with a private tour or small group of maximum 8 people ensures
DescriptionGet picked up wherever suits you best and travel by private transport around the best of Barcelona's sites. With your professional guide, explore the different faces of Barcelona's architectonic legacy, its culture and its people. The tour starts at Plaça Catalunya, the main center of Barcelona, connected to the street with the most distinctive Catalan architecture, Passeig de Gracia. Here, find the most striking facades of private modernist buildings; La Pedrera by Antoni Gaudí stands out in particular. In the so-called 'Apple of Discord,' discover other impressive examples of modernist houses like Gaudí’s Casa Batlló, Casa Lleó-Morera or Casa Ametller. Follow in the footsteps of the architect by entering the Eixample. This district was designed by Ildefons Cerdà as an extension of the old town, for the orderly growth of the city. Drive through its original streets to reach Gaudí’s masterpiece La Sagrada Familia. During a guided visit, learn about the different parts of the building and its symbolism. You will be blown away by the bizarre forms of its columns, roofs and walls as the result of the organic nature of Gaudí’s architecture. Continue on toward the Mediterranean sea, passing by the Plaza de Toros Monument and through the contemporary Agbar Tower, the newest reference point for the Barcelona skyline. Reach Bogatell beach and from here, cross the waterfront through to Port Vell (Old Port), the Gothic Drassanes and Columbus Monument (near the iconic La Rambla) to end at the brand new World Trade Center. At the coastline, climb Montjuic Mountain to Mirador de l'Alcalde, a terrace from where you can enjoy the most spectacular panoramic views of Barcelona’s skyline. On the same mountain, discover the ‘92 Olympics facilities and architecture designed for the International Exhibition of 1929, such as Plaça Espanya (influenced by St. Peter's Square in the Vatican) or the National Palace. From these heights, head back to the center of the Old Town. Finish the day with a relaxed walking tour with your professional guide through the charming corners of the Gothic Quarter, discovering the imprints of the Roman and medieval city. Stop at Cathedral Avenue to admire the magnificent temple’s Gothic façade and then travel back in time to the origins of Barcelona in Plaça Sant Jaume where the City Hall is located today.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Private transport Professional guide Fast track entry ticket reservation Old Town walking tour A comprehensive tour of Barcelona’s highlights
- • Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please let local partner know your children’s age to arrange the proper child seat • Please inform the local partner of the exact address of your accommodation in Barcelona
- The local partner will send you an email 24 hours prior to departure to inform you of the specific pickup time at your hotel as well as the name and phone number of your guide
- Small-Group Option: You will have to pay the due value of €25 per person in cash to your guide for entrance tickets to La Sagrada Familia
- Private Option: Entrance ticket to La Sagrada Familia is included in the price of the tour
- Please note, that there is a dress code at La Sagrada Familia. See-through clothing, uncovered shoulders, low necklines, and exposed backs and midriffs are not allowed. Please dress accordingly otherwise you will be denied entry