Barcelona: “The Shadow of the Wind” Literary Walking Tour56 Reviews
Turn fiction into reality during a walking tour of Barcelona that follows in the footsteps of Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s worldwide bestseller, “The Shadow of the Wind.” Wander in the shadows of the main characters and settings, from Las Ramblas to the Ribera.
- Explore Barcelona through the events of Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s global bestseller “The Shadow of the Wind”
- Walk in the footsteps of Daniel Sempere, Julian Carax, and Fermín Romero de Torres
- Wander through the Gothic Quarter and discover the Forgotten Books Cemetery, Santa Lucia Asylum, and Arc del Teatre
- Discover the locations of the Xampanyet tapas bar and Els Quatre Gats restaurant
- See the house and bookshop of 'Sempere and Sons'
DescriptionSpanish author Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s global bestseller “The Shadow of the Wind” has captivated thousands of readers around the world, and on this 3-hour walking tour you will step into its pages and discover the parts of Barcelona so vividly captured by the novel. Turning fiction into reality, the tour departs from the famous Ramblas Sta. Monica at the Arc del Teatre, before heading down to Placa Reial and Baixada de la Llibreteria. You will visit places still imbued with the magic of Barcelona at the beginning of the 20th-Century. Walk through the shadowy Gothic Quarter and Ribera, reliving events experienced by Daniel Sempere, Julian Carax, Fermín Romero de Torres, and other characters from the novel. Explore a labyrinth of mysteries, as tour participants become characters at the Forgotten Books Cemetery and Santa Maria del Mar. Wander along Calle Montcada, and discover the Santa Lucia Asylum, Xampanyet tapas bar, and Els Quatre Gats restaurant. See the house and bookshop of 'Sempere and Sons,' and head past the old library of Ateneu Barcelonès.
IncludesOfficial guide Coffee or tea Transportation
- This tour is only in English
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now