My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Dalí-Themed Cadaqués & Costa Brava Day Trip381 Reviews
Enter the surreal world of Salvador Dalí on a full-day tour from Barcelona. Explore the museum in Figures, have lunch in Cadaqués, and finish with a visit to his own house where he lived and painted.
- Visit Cadaques, the fishing village that inspired Dali's art
- Explore the surreal Dali Museum at Figueres
- Tour the hidden bays and inlets of the wild Costa Brava
- Take a privileged tour of Dalí's private home in Port Lligat
- End the day in Platja de Castel, one of the area’s most beautiful beaches
DescriptionThis full-day tour from Barcelona follows in the tracks of the surrealist genius Salvador Dalí, exploring the landscape that inspired his art. You’ll visit his favorite haunts and secret hideaways, as well as the legendary Dali Museum at Figueres and his former home near Cadaqués. Go from Barcelona to Figueres, where you’ll visit Dalí’s birthplace and the extraordinary museum dedicated to his work. Dalí wanted visitors to see his massive collection as a “whole,” so there are no catalogues and the work is not displayed in any organized manner. The tour continues to the beautiful coastal village of Cadaqués, famous for its whitewashed Mediterranean houses and narrow streets. With its charming bay, it is one of the most picturesque villages on the Costa Brava. What is particularly stunning is the dramatic scenery on the drive there. For lunch, you can enjoy local seafood specialties at one of the numerous terraces, or grab a sandwich and relax on the beach. You’ll soon understand why Cadaqués inspired Dalí and so many other artists. Travel up the coast to the smaller village of Port Lligat, where Dalí sought the peace and quiet that truly inspired him. The winter schedule (September 1 to June 30) starts with a drive to Figueres, where you will spend the morning exploring the Dalí Museum. From the museum, drive to Cadaqués. After lunch at your own expense, continue exploring Cadaqués or head to Port Lligat, to visit Dali's House. The summer schedule (July 1 to August 31) leaves Figueres for Pubol Castle, once the home of Dalí and his wife Gala, located in the village of the same name. Visit the Gala Dalí House-Museum in the castle, and after lunch, venture to one of the many beautiful beachside towns that dot the Costa Brava coastline.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned minibus Entrance to Dalí Museum in Figueres Professional English-speaking guide Barcelona guide book
- The visit to Dalí's private home in Port Lligat is only available from January 2 to June 30 and September 1 to December 31
- The Platja de Castel beach is only available during Summer
- From July 1 to August 31 there will be a visit to Castell de Gala in Púbol
- Lunch is not included, but the tour will stop at places where you’ll find a range of lunch options to suit all budgets
- Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for the weather. It is recommended to bring sun protection
- During the summer months, please remember to bring suitable beach and swim wear
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€99.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today