My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Day Trip to Montserrat and Sitges77 Reviews
Discover one of the most mystic Catalan wonders with a visit to Montserrat. Explore the quaint village of Sitges and stroll through its Mediterranean style streets on a walking guided tour.
- Learn about the wine making process of the Penedés wine region
- Visit the Benedictine sanctuary of Montserrat in the Montserrat Mountains
- Stroll the picturesque streets of the whitewashed fishing town of Sitges
- Taste the liquors produced by the monks at Montserrat
- Follow in the footsteps of the pilgrims who go to see the statue of the Black Madonna
DescriptionTravel from Barcelona to the mountain monastery of Montserrat. Discover the charming village of Sitges on a guided walking tour. Meet in central Barcelona and travel first to Montserrat. Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day, their woodcarving is kept in the Church of the Monastery, which you will be able to visit. Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio-visual exhibition once the guided tour finishes. Meet again with your guide and head towards Sitges. Explore this charming fisherman’s village, which is one of the most beautiful towns on the Catalan coast. See its narrow streets, beautiful beaches, and vibrant cultural life. Follow your guide for a walking tour of this quaint town and learn about its history. Afterward, enjoy some free time to explore the streets on your own.
IncludesAir-conditioned bus Local guide Tour operated in both Spanish and English Taste of 4 typical liquors, handmade by the monks of the monastery Admission to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat: “Espai Audio visual Montserrat” Admission to the Black Madonna Guided walking tour in Sitges
- Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour. Please come prepared.
- Proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts, or flip flops
- At Montserrat, there is a mountainous climate. Depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- The duration of the tour includes round trip transfers to the destination
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€79.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today