My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Half-Day Montserrat & Horse Riding Tour180 Reviews
Enjoy a day trip to Montserrat Benedictine Monastery with this tour from Barcelona. Saddle up for a scenic horse riding experience though the Montserrat National Park.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Barcelona:If youʻre booking your trip to Barcelona last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the Benedictine Monastery nestled on the hillside of Montserrat
- Enjoy a horseback riding experience that is suitable for all experience levels
- View unique mountain landscapes on a perfect getaway for nature lovers
- Relax on a comfy luxury minibus on the transfer to and from Barcelona
- See the famed La Moreneta statue which depicts the patron saint of Catalonia
DescriptionDiscover the stunning beauty of Montserrat mountain on this half-day trip from Barcelona. Travel in a comfortable and airconditioned van to the mountain's Benedictine Monastery where the La Moreneta statue is located. Ride on horseback through the Montserrat Natural Park. Board a spacious van at centrally-located in meeting point in Barcelona. Relax on the drive, admiring the Massif of Montserrat on the way to the monastery. Take in this spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with uniquely-pointed rock formations. Visit the monastery which was founded in the 10th century, but still functions to this day with over 70 monks. View the figure of La Moreneta (visit dependent on availability), who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Listen as your guide brings the past alive by explaining the history and ventures of this monastery which dates back nearly a thousand years. Next, head to a nearby equestrian center, located at the foothills of the Massif. Marvel at breathtaking views of Montserrat on a horseback ride through the national park. Learn how to communicate with your horse and the basics of grooming and saddling a horse. Practice your riding skills as you enjoy the freedom and tranquility of the countryside. Take leisurely route that is suitable for every level of rider. Return by bus to your meeting point in Barcelona at the end of your trip.
IncludesBilingual guide Half-day guided tour A guided horseback ride with an experienced monitor Visit to the Montserrat Abbey Transport from and to Barcelona in a comfy luxury minibus
- Due to horse safety restrictions, anyone with a weight above 95 kilogram or below 12 years of age won't be allowed to join this activity Occasionally the Montserrat mountain railway has to undergo maintenance. If this is the case, this tour's route will be adjusted. The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed and is subject to availability depending on the season, as there may be a line up to 2 hours In the event that the minimum number of participants is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund A minimum number of people is required for this tour to operate in languages other than English or Spanish. If this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English Tour may be affected due to special circumstances For your own safety, a helmet is provided and is compulsory during the ride Food and drinks are not provided Tips are not included in the price