My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Medieval Villages and Volcanic Hiking Tour
Visit the three unique medieval villages of Besalú, Castellfollit de la Roca, and Sant Joan les Fonts on full-day tour from Barcelona. Hike around La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park and experience the region with a local guide.
- Explore the medieval town of Besalú on a guided walk
- Hike in the La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park
- See the mesmerizing hanging town of Castellfollit de la Roca
- Visit the church and medieval bridge in Sant Joan les Fonts
DescriptionDepart from Barcelona on a 1.5-hour trip in a comfortable minivan to arrive at La Garrotxa, home to the La Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park. Start the day with a gentle hike and a visit to Castellfollit de la Roca, one of the most scenic medieval villages in Catalonia, dramatically perched atop a cliff side at the meeting point of the Fluvià and Toronell rivers. Continue to Sant Joan les Fonts, where you’ll visit the Romanesque church and medieval bridge from the 12th century. Then, start the hike across the paths following three lava flows that have shaped the landscapes of this region. Learn about the rural way of life of La Garrotxa, an area that is simply beautiful and will put you in a Zen-like mood. After the hike, head to Besalú, the best-preserved medieval village in Catalonia, where you’ll have free time to eat lunch. Before heading back to Barcelona, enjoy a guided visit of Besalú where you’ll see the most unique spots of this beautiful medieval town for an authentic trip back in time.
IncludesTransportation in an air-conditioned minivan Professional English-speaking guide Bottle of water Personal insurance
- This is an active experience and includes a hike with a moderate amount of walking
- Bring snacks for the hike; lunch is not included but a traditional local restaurant can be booked
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€125.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today