My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Montserrat Full-Day Tour1 Reviews
Discover one of the most mystic Catalan wonders on a full-day tour departing from Barcelona. See the Black Madonna in the Basilica of Montserrat and listen to the Boys’ Choir (subject to calendar).
- Enjoy an exclusive guided visit to the Montserrat Sacristy
- Take in the breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountains
- See the Black Madonna known as La Moreneta
- Discover local flavours as you taste 4 typical liquors from the region
DescriptionBoard a tour bus to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). Famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat was declared a National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth. Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the apparition of the Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction. After the guided tour, you will be given about 3 hours of free time. Then, you can shop for locally produced treats, have lunch, listen to one of the oldest Boys’ Choir in Europe (subject to their schedule), visit the audiovisual exhibition, the museum (optional), or taste the finest liquors made in the region.
IncludesTransportation on an air-conditioned tour bus Tour operated in both Spanish and English Radio guide system Exclusive entrance to the sacristy Taste of 4 typical liquors of the area Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat 'Espai Audiovisual Montserrat' Access to the Black Madonna Access to the Boys’Choir (subject to the schedule) Cog-wheel train up to Montserrat
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the basilica; tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals are not allowed
- Montserrat has a mountain climate; depending on the season, you will need clothes to protect you from the rain and/or cold
- It is recommended that you check the timetable of the different facilities that you wish to visit during your free time
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination
- This tour will have a maximum of 25 travelers per guide
- On the days that the Boys’ Choir is not available will not be replaced by any other activity.