My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Montserrat Monastery and Hike with a Local45 Reviews
Hike around the trails of Montserrat, the multi-peaked holy mountain with a local mountain guide. Visit the Benedictine Monastery and learn about its history on this unique small-group half-day tour from Barcelona.
- Hike Montserrat Natural Park off the beaten path with a local guide
- Taste traditional Catalan snacks
- Visit the Benedictine Abbey and learn about its amazing history
- Join a small-group tour for a more personalized experience
- Get an early start to beat the crowds
DescriptionAfter a half-hour drive in an air-conditioned minivan, you will arrive at Montserrat. Start your day by visiting the Benedictine Abbey and discover its amazing history. Montserrat literally means “sawed mountain” in Catalan, and it is called this due to its multi-peaked rocky range. It is well-known as the site of the Benedictine Abbey. Once you have visited the abbey, get ready to start hiking from the monastery. Follow a beautiful path around the needle formations of the mountain and pass by many natural viewpoints that offer awesome views over the abbey and the forests. Continue until the highest point of the mountain, from where you will have breathtaking 360-degree views over the multi-peaked rocky range. On a clear day, you will be able to see the Pyrenees and Mallorca island. After admiring great landscapes, taking some pictures and taste a selection of traditional Catalan snacks. Next, start descending through a shady path between the needle formations and forests. Head back to the Abbey to enjoy some free time and wander around the farmers market. You can also listen to the famous Escolania de Montserrat choir sing on weekdays, except for public holidays, and is subject to the basilica's capacity.
IncludesTransportation in an air-conditioned minivan Professional English/Spanish-speaking guide Bottle of water Typical Catalan snacks Personal insurance
- Please note, the choir performance is only available from Monday to Friday
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please wear hiking shoes
- Please dress appropriately according to the weather • The choir performs from Monday to Friday, except public and school holidays (subject to basislica capacity)