My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Montserrat Monastery & Scenic Mountain Hike145 Reviews
Experience Montserrat’s natural park and monastery with a guide on this day tour from Barcelona. Ride the funicular railway for stunning mountaintop views.
- Admire sweeping panoramic views of Catalonia from the top of the mountain
- Visit the 11th-century Benedictine Monastery and get in touch with the past
- Take an exciting funicular railway ride to reach the top of the mountain
- Have some free time at the end of your tour to browse the local markets
- Go on a short hike to enjoy the natural beauty of Monserrat's nature park
DescriptionTake a day tour of Monserrat from Barcelona and enjoy the area's natural beauty. Visit the monastery before boarding a funicular to reach sweeping views of Catalonia from the mountaintop. Meet your guide at the local partner's office in Barcelona and settle in for the hour-long ride to Montserrat. Your first stop is the Benedictine Abbey. Explore this 11th-century religious sanctuary home to Catalonia’s patron saint: The Black Madonna. Next, board the funicular railway and ascend to the top of the mountain. Enjoy stunning views of valleys, mountains, and the sea. Hike on the same paths used by pilgrims hundreds of years ago as you admire Montserrat’s fascinating flora and fauna. Wander past rocky pillars and ravines as you breathe in the mountain air. Have some free time back in the monastery area after your hike. Browse the local market before you catch a ride back to Barcelona.
IncludesReturn transfer from Barcelona Guide Monastery entry fee Funicular railway ticket Water Walking poles
- The tour may be cancelled due to bad weather
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€69.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today