My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Montserrat Monastery Visit and Local Tasting17 Reviews
Discover the Monastery of Montserrat on a half-day tour from Barcelona and learn about the cornerstone of Catalan culture. Enjoy Catalan pastries and liquors.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Barcelona:If youʻre booking your trip to Barcelona last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Barcelona: Girona, Figueres and Dalí Museum Day Tour
- Barcelona: Flamenco Show at Tablao Flamenco Cordobes
- Barcelona: Montserrat with Winery Visit and Farmhouse Lunch
- Barcelona: 3-Hour Sagrada Familia eScooter Tour
- PortAventura and Ferrari Land: Full-Day Trip from Barcelona
- A 4.5 hours guided visit of Montserrat.
- Private Transport and bilingual specialized mountain guide
- Be amazed by the Montserrat Abbey
- Taste typical catalan sweets and pastries: coca de Montserrat, garrapiñadas...
- Taste and liquors made by the monks of the monastery
DescriptionThe experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed) , who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years, considered now the cornerstone of the Catalan culture, history, nature and spirituality. Finish this amazing guided visit tasting some of the most typical sweets and catalan pastries: garrapiñadas (caramelized nuts) and liquors made by the monks of the monastery. You will also have some free time before returning back to Barcelona.
IncludesGuided visit of the Montserrat Monastery Multilingual Professional guide Tasting of typical catalan sweets, pastries and liquors: coca de Montserrat, garrapiñadas (caramelized nuts) and liquors Premium Small Group maximum capacity 18 people.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather. The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue. There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund. There is a minimum number of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. If this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English. Tour may be affected due to special circumstances