My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Montserrat Monastery Visit and Local Tasting4 Reviews
Discover the Monastery of Montserrat on a half-day tour from Barcelona and learn about the cornerstone of Catalan culture. Visit the local farmers' market and enjoy Catalan pastries and liquors.
- A 4.5 hours guided visit of Montserrat.
- Private Transport and bilingual specialized mountain guide
- Be amazed by the Montserrat Abbey
- Taste typical catalan sweets and pastries: coca de Montserrat, garrapiñadas...
- Taste and liquors made by the monks of the monastery
DescriptionThe experience starts in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia, before journeying to experience the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain. Topped by a Benedictine Monastery, Montserrat is an ideal half-day trip to spend a fun day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. On the way to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a spectacular multi-peaked rocky range packed with unique needle-shape formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions to this day, with over 70 monks. It is also well-known for hosting the figure of La Moreneta (visit not guaranteed) , who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will bring history alive by explaining the history of this Monastery dating nearly a thousand years, considered now the cornerstone of the Catalan culture, history, nature and spirituality. Finish this amazing guided visit tasting some of the most typical sweets and catalan pastries: garrapiñadas (caramelized nuts) mel i mató (cheese drizzled with honey) from the local farmers and liquors made by the monks of the monastery. You will also have some free time before returning back to barcelona.
IncludesGuided visit of the Montserrat Monastery Multilingual Professional guide Tasting of typical catalan sweets, pastries and liquors: coca de Montserrat, garrapiñadas (caramelized nuts) mel i mató (cheese drizzled with honey) and liquors from the local farmers Premium Small Group maximum capacity 18 people.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather. The visit to the Moreneta is not guaranteed, it is subject to availability and depending on the season, as there may be up to 2hrs of queue. There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund. There is a minimum number of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. If this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English. Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€49.99Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today