My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Snowshoeing in the Pyrenees
On this snowshoeing trip from Barcelona, you will get an introduction to snowshoeing whilst discovering the Pyrenees. The area is the locals' favorite spot to enjoy winter sports, and offers some of the country's most impressive mountain landscapes.
- Benefit from an experienced local guide and learn interesting facts about the area and Catalan culture
- Get an introduction to snowshoeing
- Experience the peace of the snow-muffled landscape by snowshoeing
- Skip the crowds with a small-group tour
- Learn snowshoeing step by step
- Explore this snow-covered area of the Pyrenees and enjoy true alpine landscapes
DescriptionYou will begin your day with transportation from Barcelona to the Pyrenees area, where the adventure begins. As you arrive at the Pyrenees you will get a briefing on the itinerary, including what equipment you’ll use. You will then get instructed on the best snowshoeing techniques. With a few technical instructions, you will soon conquer snowshoeing and move around confidently, enjoying your freshly acquired activity. When you feel confident, you will begin walking a route that will bring you around the mountains of the area, which will also offer beautiful viewpoints and let you experience the Pyrenees in winter. During the hike you will take a break to get some food (please bring your own sandwich for lunch, we will provide some snacks) and drink warm tea. Take a gentle stroll through the snowy landscape trees or push your limits, the choice is yours, and the activity will be adjusted to you. Your activity will eventually end with return transportation to Barcelona.
IncludesTransportation in an air-conditioned minivan Instructions on how to use snowshoes Snowshoes and poles Personal insurance Bottled water Hot tea Catalan snacks
- This is an active experience, participants should be in a normal physical condition and be able to hike
- This is a winter outdoors activity, expect mountain winter temperatures and please dress appropriately
- The route will be adapted to the group level and weather conditions and no previous experience is required
- The snowshoeing route can take from 1.5 up to 3 hours