My Guide Website?
Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine1 Reviews
The Royal Academy of Medicine of Catalonia, located in one of the most important neoclassical buildings in Barcelona, has an spectacular anatomical amphitheater built by Ventura Rodríguez used to train surgeons during the XVIII century.
- Visit the last anatomic amphitheater remaining in Spain and one of the oldest arround Europe
- Feel how medicine and surgery are related to history and architecture at the place
- Discover where the first X-ray experiment took place in Spain
- Enjoy walking arround the halls of the Academy
DescriptionCome and explore the Royal Academy of Medicine of Catalonia, one of the most important neoclassical buildings in the city located next to the first and main hospital of Barcelona. Inside you will find an spectacular anatomical amphitheater built by Ventura Rodríguez that was intended for the training of surgeons. The history of the Real Academy is linked to names like Pere Virgili, Antoni de Gimbernat or Santiago Ramón y Cajal, all Scientists related with medicine and surgery whose research has opened the doors to a new medicine era. Learn from your guide about the history of this buildin!
IncludesAcademy entrance fees Guided tour Audioguide (7 languages available)
- there is steps in the visit.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€10.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today