My Guide Website?
Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine4 Reviews
The Royal Academy of Medicine of Catalonia, located in one of the most important neoclassical buildings in Barcelona, has an spectacular anatomical amphitheater built by Ventura Rodríguez used to train surgeons during the XVIII century.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Barcelona:If youʻre booking your trip to Barcelona last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Barcelona: Sagrada Familia Entry Ticket with Audio Guide
- Barcelona: Secret Food Tour
- Barcelona Aquarium: Skip-the-Line Admission Ticket
- Barcelona: Food & Drink Tasting Tour in Traditional Taverns
- Barcelona: Gothic Quarter Smartphone Audio Walking Tour
- Visit the last anatomic amphitheater remaining in Spain and one of the oldest arround Europe
- Feel how medicine and surgery are related to history and architecture at the place
- Discover where the first X-ray experiment took place in Spain
- Enjoy walking arround the halls of the Academy
DescriptionCome and explore the Royal Academy of Medicine of Catalonia, one of the most important neoclassical buildings in the city located next to the first and main hospital of Barcelona. Inside you will find an spectacular anatomical amphitheater built by Ventura Rodríguez that was intended for the training of surgeons. The history of the Real Academy is linked to names like Pere Virgili, Antoni de Gimbernat or Santiago Ramón y Cajal, all Scientists related with medicine and surgery whose research has opened the doors to a new medicine era. Learn from your guide about the history of this buildin!
IncludesAcademy entrance fees Guided tour Audioguide (7 languages available)
- there is steps in the visit.