Montserrat & Artistic Barcelona: the Best of Gaudí10 Reviews
In the morning enjoy the spectacular Montserrat Mountain and see the famous Black Virgin at the Royal Basilica. Spend the afternoon admiring the capital of Catalan Art Noveau – Barcelona! See Antonio Gaudi's masterpiece La Sagrada Familia.
- Admire the details of the different façades of the Sagrada Familia and its extensive symbolism
- Explore Park Güell on a guided tour and be amazed at Gaudís’ amazing skills
- Walk along Paseo de Gracia, see La Pedrera, and Casa Batlló, reflections of Gaudís’ incredible imagination
DescriptionBoard the bus at the office of the local partner in central Barcelona and travel to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont and Serrat, which means 'serrated mountain.' Discover a site world-famous for its rocky geography and beautiful scenery, which was declared a National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural importance. Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. Find out more about the community of 80 monks who currently live in the Monastery and follow the rule of Saint Benedict. Admire the Gothic and Renaissance style of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Black Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. See the wood carving of this event known as 'La Moreneta,' which is kept in the Monastery. Enjoy some free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats, or visit the audiovisual exhibition once the guided tour finishes. Choose from a number of small churches and trails you can follow at your own pace. Check in again at the office of the local partner in central Barcelona 15 minutes before the starting time of the afternoon activity. Meet your guide and hop on an air-conditioned bus which will take you to the Sagrada Familia. Enjoy a panoramic tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia. Marvel at the extensive symbolism of its façade. Return to the bus and travel to Park Güell, located in the upper part of the city. Enjoy a guided tour of the Park with your local guide and discover why it is one of the most famous works by Antonio Gaudí. Continue the tour with a short trip to Passeig de Gràcia, the most important street in the city. Stroll down the street and admire the many modernist buildings, and learn about their history and significance. Stop in front of La Pedrera and at Casa Batlló, two more fine examples of Gaudí’s talents, before finishing the tour.
IncludesAir-conditioned bus transport throughout Taste of 4 local liquors Entry to the “Espai Audiovisual Montserrat” audiovisual space Guided walking tour of Park Güell with entrance Guided walking tour outside of the Sagrada Familia Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà 'La Pedrera' and Casa Batlló) Local guide Tour operated in both Spanish and English Discounts at some of the main attractions Food and drinks Entrance fees to Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà 'La Pedrera' and Casa Batlló Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Please be aware that some walking is included in this tour. Please be prepared and wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- There is approximately 35 minutes between both parts of the excursions, during which you will be able to get lunch (not included) in the city center of Barcelona
- Proper dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts, or flip flops.
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate. Depending on the season, you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip transportation to the destination
- The local partner reserves the right to change the itinerary or cancel the tour due to events being celebrated in the city or force majeure reasons
- This tour will have a maximum of 25 travelers per guide
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability