Montserrat, Tapas and Wine Half-Day Tour from Barcelona430 Reviews
Taste delicious Spanish wines and tapas at a boutique winery on a 7-hour tour from Barcelona that also includes a short visit to the stunning Montserrat mountain complex, surrounded by gorgeous fields and jaw dropping views.
- Taste delicious local wines and tapas at a local winery
- Visit the 12th-century Benedictine basilica of Montserrat
- Get privileged views of the Catalan countryside
- Learn about the wine making process on a tour through a boutique, family-run winery and its vineyards
DescriptionEscape to the natural landscape of the Montserrat mountains on a half-day sightseeing and wine tasting tour from Barcelona, enjoying breathtaking views and the Catalan wines of a local winery. The strange shaped mountains of Montserrat is the location of a Benedictine monastery that has been a site of pilgrimage for centuries, thanks to its story of the miracles performed by the Virgin Mary and the fabled 12th-century image of Our Lady. After a short visit to this historic site, head to a boutique winery, just a few minutes away, and tour one of the most important wineries in the region. Located in an impressive castle that’s more than 1,000 years old, the winery boasts more than 1,000 acres of beautiful land. Tours are kept to a maximum of 16 people for a more intimate experience, and include a tour of the vineyards and winery, where the local wines become older and wiser. Thanks to your professional guide, you will sense the history, soil, sun, and rain that influence the 3 wines you will taste. Learn about the upkeep of the vines, the grape harvest, how the French oak barrels impact on the flavor, and more. To keep you on your feet, the tasting table will be laden with the finest Spanish tapas, including the tasting of six traditional dishes and dessert.
IncludesShared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus Local English-speaking guide Guided visit to Montserrat Monastery (1 hour) 30-minute free time at Montserrat* Guided visit through a boutique winery and its vineyards Wine tasting with three local wines Tapas lunch with dessert Possibility to buy the wines tasted (shipping available) Maximum of 16 people per guide Tips and gratuities Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Please note, for logistical reasons, you may visit a different family-owned boutique wine cellar on the day of your tour • Please wear clothing suitable for the weather. Note that in wintertime it may be cold
- Your experience includes some free time in Montserrat, if you wish to spend more time in Montserrat, please check with your guide upon arrival as there may be other options available
- Any dietary allergies or restrictions can be catered for, it is not necessary to inform the local tour provider beforehand
- Infants aged 3 or under may join the tour free of charge, please note however that no car seat or meals will be provided
- There is a limit of 16 people per group, although transportation will be shared with other groups
- Please note that the free time during this tour does not allow enough time to visit the Museum of Montserrat, touch the Black Madonna, or ride the funicular
- For logistical reasons, you might visit another family-run cellar instead of Oller del Mas.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability