Picasso Walking Tour & Picasso Museum of Barcelona387 Reviews
Discover Picasso's Barcelona by following in the artist's footsteps. Explore the famous painter's old neighborhood and favorite haunts on foot, before enjoying a guided visit to the Museu Picasso to see Picasso's earlier style and formative works of art.
- Imagine the creative gatherings of Picasso's time as you visit Els Quatre Gats in the heart of Barcelona
- Walk in the footsteps on Picasso, as you see the Llotja de Mar art school where he studied
- Admire the artist's works in the Museu Picasso, seeing how his style matured and evolved in his Barcelona years
- See Picasso's only piece of public art at the Architects' Association Building
DescriptionBe immersed in the world of Picasso as you discover Bohemian Barcelona on this 2-hour walking tour. Explore the neighborhood where Pablo Picasso lived, imagining it at the turn of the last century. Learn about the history of this famous, eccentric Spanish painter as your guide tells you anecdotes about Picasso's friends and the events that influenced his life and artistic career. Visit Els Quatre Gats restaurant, the meeting place of intellectuals in Picasso's time. Admire the friezes on the façade of the Architects’ Association building, Picasso’s only piece of public art. See the Llotja de Mar, the art school where he studied, and the museum housing the most important collection from Picasso’s youth and formative years. During the 2nd hour of your tour, you will be guided through the Museu Picasso. See the world’s most important collection of works from Picasso’s youth and formative years, showcasing the evolution of his style from the more classical towards the his invention of Cubism. Set in a historic mansion, the Picasso Museu is near the site of Picasso’s last studio before he left the city for Paris. Highlights of the museum also include some of his later works, such as a series of interpretations of Velázquez’s Las Meninas dating from 1957, as well as ceramics and engravings.
IncludesGuided tour of bohemian Barcelona Guided visit to Museu Picasso
- Tour does not operate on the following dates: 1 and 6 January; 6, 8, and 25-26 December; 1 May; 11 September
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now