My Guide Website?
Montserrat: Morning or Afternoon Half-Day Trip with Pickup250 Reviews
Dive into Catalan culture with a visit to the mountain of Montserrat. Avoid the massive tours and meet your specialized guide as your tour the monument.
- Marvel at the spectacular landscapes in Montserrat National Park
- Visit the picturesque Monastery and see the Black Madonna
- Hear one of the oldest children's choirs in Europe
- Explore the Holy Cave of Montserrat
- Tour in a small group of 8 guests with hotel pickup and drop-off included
DescriptionTake a half-day trip from Barcelona to Monserrat. See views from the mountain, visit a famous monastery, and take a walking tour. Begin your day with pickup and get read to enjoy the most exclusive views of this spectacular natural setting, the Holy Mountain. This rocky monument is known for the whimsical shapes of its peaks soaring through the sky. See a mountain at a height of 2,380 feet above sea level. Tour the Benedictine Monastery of Santa Maria and the Basilica, where you’ll see the Virgin of Montserrat, known as the Black Madonna. After visiting the monastery, your guide will take you on a walking tour to take in the stunning views from the site that was declared a national park in 1987. Next, you’ll visit the Holy Cave, where legend has it the Virgin appeared. It is now a center of pilgrimage and prayer. To conclude the tour, you can enjoy listening to the angelic voices of La Escolania de Montserrat, one of the oldest children's choirs in Europe. You will return to Barcelona with the guide at around 2:30 PM if you take the morning tour, or at 8:30 PM if you take the afternoon tour.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off in a private air-conditioned minivan between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM Local guide Small-group tour with up to 8 guests Walking tour in Montserrat Monastery visit Children's choir music Entrance fees
- Please provide the name and address of your accommodation when booking
- Please provide the age of children when booking so that the local supplier can provide the appropriate child seat