My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Montserrat Private Trip with Cable Car and Lunch32 Reviews
Enjoy Montserrat mountain and its Monastery. Take the cable car ride between the mountains. Have a picnic lunch admiring the incredible views of the valley. Visit the Street Market of local farmers.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Barcelona:If youʻre booking your trip to Barcelona last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Barcelona: Sagrada Familia Entry Ticket with Audio Guide
- Barcelona: Secret Food Tour
- Barcelona Aquarium: Skip-the-Line Admission Ticket
- Barcelona: Food & Drink Tasting Tour in Traditional Taverns
- Barcelona: Gothic Quarter Smartphone Audio Walking Tour
- Enjoy a day out of town in Montserrat mountains
- Get amazed with the views in the cable car ride between the mountains
- Get the best views of the medieval monastery
- Visit a Local Farmer's Market and try its local products
- Have a picnic in an incredible viewpoint (veggie option available)
DescriptionEscape the hustle and bustle of Barcelona for the day and head to the stunning Montserrat Monastery, nestled between jagged mountains and breathtaking scenery. Meet your guide near the train station and take the train to Montserrat, admiring panoramic views of the surrounding area along the way. Upon arrival in the village, board the cable car which will take you to the Monastery, where you will have incredible views of Montserrat from above. The tour can be customized for children with a visit to a playground and ice cream for the little ones. After admiring the outside of the Monastery and its spectacular architecture, head to the local farmers market. Enjoy a sample of some of the region's best cheeses and take a stroll around Santa Maria Square. Finish your tour with a relaxed hike through the mountains to reach the San Miguel Viewpoint. Here, admire panoramic views of the surrounding valley as you enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to Barcelona. Ask for tickets if you want to see the Children’s Choir of Montserrat, and the Museum of Montserrat (subject to availability)
IncludesCable car tickets (or cog train) Return train transportation from Barcelona Monserrat Basilica and 'La Moreneta' tickets Guide Sandwich (veggie option available) Water Cheese tasting Ice cream for children
- In high season the availability for some attractions are subject to the number of people in Montserrat as there could be long queues. Transportation by train (50 minutes)