My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Paella Cooking Experience & Boqueria Market Tour1619 Reviews
Learn how to cook a traditional Spanish seafood paella. Visit La Boqueria with the chef to buy ingredients, and take a walk through the old town. Sample some tasty tapas, make sangria, and watch as the chef prepares a paella de marisco for you to enjoy.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Barcelona:If youʻre booking your trip to Barcelona last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Barcelona: Besalú & Medieval Towns Tour with Hotel Pickup
- Barcelona: Helicopter, Walking, and Sailing 360º City Tour
- Barcelona: Gothic Quarter Smartphone Audio Walking Tour
- Barcelona: Castelldefels Castle Ticket with Audio Guide
- PortAventura and Ferrari Land: Full-Day Trip from Barcelona
- Walk with a trained chef on an introductory tour of the world famous Mercat de la Boqueria
- Savor some of the most traditional Spanish Tapas
- Learn how to build traditional Basque Pintxos or Montaditos – the “tapas with toothpicks”
- Get all the original recipes
- Create an enormous seafood paella in a cooking workshop with your group
DescriptionOn this 3-hour activity you’ll join a professional chef on an introductory tour of the world famous Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria, Barcelona's oldest and best food market, dating back to the 13th century. While telling you about the foods on offer, especially the seafood, and the basics of Spanish and Catalan cuisine, the chef will buy some of the fresh ingredients needed to prepare an authentic paella de marisco, or seafood paella, Spain’s traditional rice dish. Walk with the chef through the winding streets of La Ciutat Vella, or old town, to El Born, the most fashionable district of the city. Enter you your private dining room that’s adjacent to the big open kitchen where the chef will prepare the delicious paella de marisco, as you watch the process. Take the edge off your appetite with some traditional Spanish tapas. Learn how to make your own pan con tomate, the most typical Catalan tapa, and how to build traditional Basque pintxos or montaditos, the tapas with toothpicks. Then you can enjoy your creations accompanied by some lovely sangría. While you are eating your homemade pintxos, the chef will cook the paella de marisco. You’ll be into the adjacent open kitchen to stand around the large paellera, the traditional round, shallow pan made of polished steel that the paella de marisco will be prepared in. As the chef begins to prepare the paella you’ll hear about the history of the dish, the ingredients used, and the steps in the preparation. With the paella simmering in the kitchen you’ll be invited over to the bar where you’ll learn all there is to know about sangría, the world famous Iberian wine punch that dates back to medieval times. Try your hand at mixing your own sangría. Once the paella de marisco is finally ready to be enjoyed, you’ll head back to the tables, sit down, and enjoy the feast along with your own freshly mixed sangria.
IncludesLa Boqueria introduction tour (subject to La Boqueria market opening hours) Walk through the old town of Barcelona Tapas Paella cooking display and interactive instruction Sangría mixing class Homemade paella de marisco Recipes (accessible via QR code) All food and drinks
- This activity is an interactive paella-making class, where people are given different jobs throughout the experience A vegetarian option is available, please advise if you require a vegetarian meal upon booking The market tour is not included on Sundays and public holidays as the market is closed