My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Montserrat Monastery Visit & Lunch at a Farmhouse733 Reviews
Enjoy a fully-immersive experience with a guided visit to the Monastery of Montserrat and a 2-course menu with breathtaking views over the region.
- Take a 7.5-hour guided tour of Montserrat
- Ride in private transport with a professional bilingual mountain guide
- Visit the Montserrat Abbey
- Take a premium tour for a personalized experience
DescriptionTake a day trip from Barcelona to visit Monserat. Take in the mountain views, visit the famous monastery, then head to a local farmhouse for a delicious dinner. Begin in the upper part of Passeig de Gràcia. Then journey to the natural splendor of Montserrat, Catalonia’s most emblematic mountain topped by a Benedictine Monastery. Montserrat is an ideal trip to spend a day in nature, just a few kilometers away from Barcelona. En route to the Monastery, admire the Massif of Montserrat, a multi-peaked rocky range packed with needle-shaped formations. Upon arrival, visit the Monastery, which was founded in the 10th century and still functions with 150 monks to this day. It famously hosts the dark figure of La Moreneta, who is the patron saint of Catalonia. Your guide will explain the Monastery's history, which dates back nearly a thousand years. After the visit, you will have free time to buy a souvenir and take pictures. Next, visit a farmhouse with stunning views. Enjoy a delicious 3-course menu; consisting of salad, barbecued food (with vegetarian and halal options), and dessert. Following this adventurous day, return to the center of Barcelona by private transport.
Includes7.5-hour guided visit of Montserrat Bilingual guide Transportation in a luxury minibus to/from Barcelona Visit to the Montserrat Abbey 2-course lunch at the Masia Farmhouse (with drinks)
- Please, be at the check in point 15’ minutes before departure time. Due to logistics matters, the tour must start punctually. Delays will not be tolerated; they will be considered a non-refundable no show.
- This product is subject to cancellation or rescheduling based on inclement weather.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate the tour. In the event that this minimum is not met, customers will be offered an alternative date, another tour of equal or superior value, or a full refund.
- There is a minimum of people required to operate on languages that are not English or Spanish. if this minimum is not reached, the tour will be offered in English.
- Tour may be affected due to special circumstances
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes and shoes