Barcelona: Tastes and Traditions Food Tour
Join this Barcelona food tour and taste your way through El Born and La Barceloneta, two of Barcelona's must-see neighborhoods.
- Discover two of Barcelona's most emblematic neighborhoods
- Get an insider's tour of a vibrant local market
- Visit local family run establishments
- Learn about local tapas and wine culture
- Try Barcelona's most delicious homemade seafood paella
DescriptionDiscover two of Barcelona’s most charming neighborhoods, the medieval Born district and the fishermen’s quarter Barceloneta, while popping in and out of family-run shops. Get off the tourist track and right into Barcelona’s winding medieval lanes and fascinating history. Not only will you delve into the traditions of two Barcelona neighborhoods, but you’ll also get to taste the best the city has to offer while meeting the locals behind it all. Start your morning off at the local Santa Caterina Market, a far cry from the busy Boquería. Weave in and out of locals doing their shopping as you learn about their daily customs and traditions. Along the way, make stops to try 3 types of delicious Spanish cheese, followed by cured meats, including jamón ibérico. Then, head to one of Barcelona’s oldest specialty shops. Taste three of the shop’s specialties and discover a hidden secret out the back. After a morning of exploring the Born district, head towards the fishermen’s district of Barceloneta. Along the way, your expert guide will highlight some of Barcelona’s most interesting corners. Head to a local bodega and enjoy a glass of vermouth and a pre-lunch nibble as you learn why places like these were the original Catalan tapas bars. Before heading to your last stop, try the famous Barcelona 'bomba' with a glass of vermouth. To finish off, it’s time for a traditional Spanish lunch. Visit a tucked-away restaurant in the fishermen’s district to enjoy some of the best homemade seafood paella in town, alongside fantastic local wine.
Includes11+ delicious samples (enough for breakfast and lunch) 3 different local drinks Barcelona food guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Gratuities
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- This tour is not recommended for those with celiac disease or vegans.
- You must be 18 years of age and present a valid photo ID in order to consume alcohol. Non-alcoholic beverages will be provided for children and teenagers aged 3–17 years old.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability