My Guide Website?
Barcelona: “The Cathedral of the Sea” Literary Walking Tour6 Reviews
Turn fiction into fact during a walking tour of Barcelona that follows in the footsteps of Ildefonso Falconés’s bestselling novel “The Cathedral of the Sea.”
- Walk in the footsteps of characters from the bestselling historical novel 'The Cathedral of the Sea'
- Discover a Barcelona untouched since the 14th-Century
- Explore the mysteries of the historic Ribera and Gothic Quarter
- Learn about the construction of Santa Maria del Mar, the apogee of Catalan Gothic art
- Upgrade to a private tour for a more personalized experience
DescriptionVisit locations described in Ildefonso Falconés’s blockbuster novel 'The Cathedral of the Sea,' and learn about the mysteries and intrigue of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter on a 3-hour walking tour that turns fiction into reality. Set in the 14th-Century, at the height of the Spanish Inquisition, “The Cathedral of the Sea” describes in masterful detail how Barcelona’s humblest residents embarked on building a cathedral that was set to be the greatest temple ever known. This is the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar, still standing in the Ribera district and where your tour begins. As you walk through the Ribera and the Gothic Quarter, you will relive the stories of the novel through its various locations; places that date back more than 700 years, and have their histories etched in their walls. You will learn more about the book’s characters, and uncover the story of Santa Maria del Mar, one of the most emblematic monuments of Barcelona, and the apogee of Catalan Gothic art.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€303.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today