From Barcelona: Full-Day Montserrat & Wine Small Group Tour139 Reviews
Enjoy an inclusive, intimate tour of the Montserrat wine region on a full-day tour from Barcelona. Discover the National Park of Montserrat, enjoy delicious Catalan cuisine, and visit a boutique winery, where you will enjoy a chateau wine!
- Tour through a local winery
- Visit the spiritual natural surroundings in Montserrat's National Park and Sanctuary
- Walk along the 'magic mountain,' where nature, religion, history and the identity of the Catalans collide
- Enjoy the spectacular views and get a true feel of spirituality Montserrat has to offer
- See 'La Moreneta,' the black Madonna of Montserrat's Basilica
DescriptionMontserrat is the most important mountain in Catalonia. It is a unique massif, famous for its gothic shapes and breathtaking views, and is known as the symbol of the Catalan people. You will experience it first-hand on a full-day tour that makes it apparent to you why Montserrat is so closely linked to the Catalan identity. On the way to Montserrat, your guide will introduce you to this 'magic mountain' where Mother Nature meets religion, history, and the identity of the Catalans. Enjoy the stunning landscape of this Natural Park. The guided tour includes a short walk to the monastery where you can enjoy the spectacular views and get a true feel of the spirituality Montserrat has to offer. After Montserrat, head to a local, family-run winery, just a few minutes away from Montserrat, and one of the most important and beautiful wineries in the region. In the local restaurant you will be served with an exquisite selected tasting menu featuring favorites of the region paired with wines produced organically from the vineyard. In the afternoon, your expert guide will guide you to visit the cellar and take you through the vines for a beautiful walk. You will learn how the wine is made and you will discover all its secrets. Then visit the winery, where its chateaux wines become older and wiser. Here you may sit, close your eyes, and enjoy the wonderful miracle of the various wines offered, tasting the history, soil, climate, and everything else that makes this winery so special. Choose between a small group or a private tour.
IncludesShared transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned bus Professional English-speaking guide Montserrat's National Park and Sanctuary Multi-course meal Guided visit to a boutique winery Visit to the winery and vines Wine tasting (3 premium wines) Hotel pick-up and drop off Tips and gratuities
- • Please wear clothing suitable for the weather. Note that in winter time it may be cold. • Regrettably, this tour is not wheelchair accessible. • The local partner works with different low-production, family-owned boutique wineries; due to logistic reasons, you might visit another cellar instead of Oller del Mas
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability