My Guide Website?
Barcelona: Sagrada Familia Fast-Track Morning Guided Tour685 Reviews
Avoid the lines at Barcelona’s most iconic monument on a guided tour of the Sagrada Familia. See Gaudi’s most miraculous creation, unfinished more than a century after the 1st stone was laid.
- Admire the sacred scenes on the basilica's contrasting façades
- Go inside the cathedral to see the pillars holding up the recently completed roof
- Hear anecdotes about the Sagrada Familia's dedication to saints
- Learn the history of Barcelona's most iconic monument and its long delayed construction
DescriptionTake a guided tour of Barcelona’s magnificent La Sagrada Familia cathedral and enjoy the city’s most iconic landmark. Striking for its architectural features and art, the history of the Sagrada Familia is legendary. The all-consuming obsession of the Modernisme architect, Antoni Gaudi, work on the building began in 1882 and remains unfinished to this day. During your tour you will see the contrasting Nativity and Passion façades. Your guide will talk about the symbolism and representations of the Holy Family as an expression of Christian ideology constructed in stone. Marvel at its Christian iconography as you learn the history of the church, regardless of your faith. See the angled pillars sprouting like a web of tree branches to hold up the roof. Below ground lies the Museu Gaudi, where documentation about Gaudi’s life and work can be found. There is also a crypt where masses are held, and a viewing platform above the burial site of the architect.
IncludesGuided tour Fast-track entry ticket Private tour (if option chosen)
- Some options of this tour are a bilingual tour, conducted simultaneously in English and Spanish
- Please note that the towers may be closed in weather conditions such as rain or wind
- Please note that to go up to the towers you will use an elevator but to go down you will need to use the stairs
- Discreet clothing is mandatory, access may be restricted if clothing does not meet the requirements
- It is recommended to not bring big bags in order to facilitate access into the Sagrada Familia and reduce the time at the security control
- Please note, Sagrada Familia regulations state that children under the age of 11 will not receive a headset to listen to the guide