My Guide Website?
Barcelona: The Dark History Tour184 Reviews
Learn the dark secrets of Barcelona on a 2 hour tour by twilight. Stroll the maze of streets of the historic El Born and La Ribera districts, following the shadows of medieval punishments, restless spirits and the victims of the Spanish Inquisition.
- Relive the dark legends of Barcelona
- Follow in the shadowy footsteps of restless spirits and victims of medieval torture
- Learn about the Spanish Inquisition
- Discover forgotten cemeteries and the site of executions
- Hear what life was like for an executioner in the El Born and La Ribera districts of Barcelona
DescriptionExplore the medieval neighborhoods of El Born and La Ribera in central Barcelona to see the city's sordid past come to life. The 2-hour dark history tour takes you into a world of dungeons and public executions. There will be no gimmicky paranormal activity or scary pranks. Instead, you will stroll the maze of streets of Barcelona's picturesque neighborhoods to learn about real life tortures, executions, and victims of the Spanish Inquisition, all based on true historical facts. The tour takes place in English only, with exact times varying throughout the year, depending on the time of nightfall. Numbers are limited so it is highly recommended to book early.
- This tour is not recommended for children younger than 14. Please note that, although a couple of the city's legends might be included, this is not a ghost tour but a historical night tour based on the darker side of Barcelona's history. This tour runs in all kinds of weather. Rain or other weather conditions are not enough reason to cancel a tour. In the case of heavy rain, please bring suitable rain gear.