My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Girona Game of Thrones and Montserrat Tour19 Reviews
Discover the charms of Girona and learn about the city’s rich history and culture. Take a ride on a cogwheel train up Montserrat Mountain to enjoy one of the most stunning landscapes in the world. Visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat as well.
- Admire the Cathedral of Girona, one of the city’s most iconic monuments
- Explore Girona's historic Jewish Quarter
- Take in the spectacular views from Montserrat Mountain
- Visit places where your favorite Game of Thrones characters have been
DescriptionDiscover the Old Town of Girona and learn about some of the myths and legends related to the city. See some of the locations where the HBO hit series Game of Thrones filmed many scenes of its sixth season. Admire the exterior of the magnificent Cathedral and walk along a part of the medieval city walls. Originally built in the 14th century, the old walls were destroyed to expand the city in the 19th century. Take advantage of the free time after the guided tour and visit the interior of the Cathedral on your own, or grab a quick bite to eat. The second part of the tour takes you to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). You have the opportunity to take in breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s unique creations. Take a ride up Montserrat on the cogwheel train, which drops you off at the Monastery. During the 15-minute ride you’ll have spectacular views of the mountain from the panoramic windows of the train. Visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat that houses the 12th-century romanesque carving of the Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You’ll have some free time to take in the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and to taste typical liqueurs of Montserrat, made by local monks. Both of these activities are included in the tour price.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned motor coach Bilingual guide Guided walking tour in Girona Tasting of 4 typical liqueurs Admission to the Espai Audiovisual Montserrat audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat Cogwheel train journey
- You have approximately 20 minutes of free time for lunch between both parts of the excursions. Lunch is not included.
- Proper dress is required to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. Tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts, and sandals are not permitted
- Montserrat has a mountainous climate, and depending on the season you may need clothing that protects you from the rain and/or cold
- The duration of the tour includes transport to and from the destination
- Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on the season
- This tour will have a maximum of 25 travelers per guide