My Guide Website?
From Barcelona: Medieval Girona Tour114 Reviews
Travel from Barcelona to discover the wonders of one of the most fascinating cities in Catalonia and learn about its cultural heritage. Walk through Girona’s winding medieval streets and its Jewish quarter, one of the best-preserved in the world.
- Explore one of the most fascinating cities in Catalonia and discover its cultural heritage
- Walk along a part of the city walls for amazing panoramic views of the old city
- Enjoy some free time to experience the city on your own
- Explore one of the best preserved Jewish quarters in Europe
- See where some chapters of the hit series Game of Thrones were shot
DescriptionDepart from the meeting point in central Barcelona on an air-conditioned coach. Sit back and relax on a 1.5-hour journey to Girona, one of the most beautiful cities of Catalonia. Upon arrival, follow your guide to the city center for a 2-hour walking tour. Discover the old town and learn about some of the myths and legends related to the city. Stroll down La Rambla, see some of the most important plazas of Girona, and explore its winding alleys. You may also recognize the picturesque bridge and houses along the Onyar River constructed by the Eiffel company in the 19th century. See some of the locations where the HBO hit series “Game of Thrones” filmed many scenes of its 6th season. Admire the exterior of the magnificent cathedral destroyed on the TV series. Walk along part of the city’s medieval walls and marvel at the amazing views of the old town. Originally built in the 14th century, the old walls were destroyed to expand the city in the 19th century. Today, due its reconstruction, it is possible to walk along them once again. Take advantage of some free time after the guided tour to visit the cathedral on your own or grab a quick bite to eat before returning to Barcelona.
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned motor coach Bilingual guide Guided walking tour in Girona
- Please be aware that the tour includes 3 hours of walking; you are kindly advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- The duration of the tour includes the transportation to the destination
- This tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€55.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today