My Guide Website?
Montserrat & Cava Winery Small Group Day Tour86 Reviews
Visit the heart of Catalunya on a full-day small group tour of iconic Montserrat and the cava cellars of a top-notch winery. You’ll have spectacular views from the top of Montserrat, hear Europe’s oldest boys’ choir, and taste fine wine.
- Visit the monastery on Montserrat, one of Catalunya's most iconic sites
- Listen to the music of “La Escolania,” the oldest boy's choir in Europe
- Ride the funicular for spectacular views
- Explore the Penedes wine region, and taste the wines
- Tour one of the world's largest underground wine cellars
DescriptionEmbark on a guided day trip from Barcelona to Montserrat and the Penedès wine-growing region by minivan. Visit the monastery and the Museum of Monserrat, listen to Europe's oldest children's choir, walk through the mountain range's many paths, and visit a winery - this tour has it all. There will be plenty of free time to explore Montserrat on your own, but a visit to the sanctuary where the Moreneta is housed is a must. Pilgrims and other visitors have climbed the mountain to visit this sanctuary for nearly 1,000 years. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit the fascinating Museum of Montserrat, and browse its collections that range from the Archaeology of the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture. A highlight of visiting Montserrat is listening to the voices of Europe’s oldest children’s choir, La Escolania de Montserrat. There are numerous walking and climbing trails on the mountain, ranging from easy strolls to serious hikes. Each trail offers a different perspective on the surrounding landscape, dotted with small chapels and hermitages. If you'd rather not walk at all, then another option is to take one of the 2 rack railways or the cable car, which also provides stunning views of the area. After the morning in Montserrat, the tour heads to Penedès, a wine-growing region where you'll stop by the Cavas Codorníu winery to view the vast wine cellars and taste some of the wineries' renowned products. You'll tour the winery and see how this sparkling wine is produced, from pressing the grapes to fermentation in the vast cellars. No winery visit would be complete without a taste of the product, so at the end of the tour, you'll have a chance to try some of the best Cava the region produces.
IncludesVisit the famous Black Madonna Listen to the Boy's Choir sing according to schedule Transportation by air-conditioned mini-coach Guide Wine tour and tasting Free time to discover the area on your own
- It is compulsory to make a reservation to visit the Black Madonna and to see the Boys Choir. This can be done by yourself on the official website, with the link provided in the 'Information after booking', which you will receive.
- Please make your reservation between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM for the Black Madonna, the choir is at a fixed time.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€95.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today