My Guide Website?
Montserrat Hike, Wine Tasting and Tapas from Barcelona1 Reviews
Hike the mythical Montserrat Mountain and enjoy a wine tasting in a stately country house on this guided adventure from Barcelona. Explore the fascinating geography and legends while visiting a monastery. Taste one of best award-winning sparkling wines.
- Enjoy a hiking, tapas and wine tasting day trip to Montserrat and Penedés from Barcelona
- Tour a family winery in Ca’n Estella from 1800 with tapas and wine tasting
- Visit a medieval Benedictine monastery nestled in the crags of the mountain
- Escape the bustle of the city and immerse yourself in natural grandeur
DescriptionThe day will begin with a morning pick-up from your Barcelona hotel and a drive in an air-conditioned minivan from the city center to where the sedimentary rock formations of Montserrat rise above the landscape. You’ll learn about the many myths and spiritual significance of the mountain. Anticipate the purest wine and the lively countryside. Then, it will be time to hike, taste wine and trek your way back to happiness. Choose from several hiking routes, each with varying lengths and difficulty. There are difficulty levels for families and novice hikers, featuring an easy 2-hour walk with spectacular views from the top of St. Joan funicular railway (tram fare not included), or more difficult ones like a 5-hour round trip hike to the mountain summit along the scenic St. Jeroni Trail, with a rewarding visit to the famous Benedictine monastery. After a short transfer, you will enjoy tapas time with amazing wine and sparkling cava at the traditional Catalan country house of Ca n’Estella, a family winery in the Penedés región where you will taste Clot del Oms and Cava Rabetllat i Vidal, both internationally awarded wines. You’ll experience a unique and unforgettable place, including a blind wine tasting. Discover the secret and history of this charming place. After your day in nature among the history and majesty of Montserrat, and the wine tasting in Penedés, relax on your return ride to Barcelona.
IncludesEntrance fees Tapas, guided wine tour and blind wine tasting Driver/ mountain guide Vineyard guide Guided hike and snack on the trail Transport by air-conditioned coach Free hotel pick-up and drop off
- Dress a bit warmer as Montserrat is colder than Barcelona
- The minivan is not a wheelchair accessible vehicle
- This tour will involve some walking
- This is not a wheelchair accessible tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 persons per booking is required
- Perfect tour for private, small and medium sized groups
- Available wine purchasing in the winery
- Private tours for small groups (2 to 7 participants)
- Varying difficulty hiking routes available, from easy to expert